Hepatitis C in Drug and Alcohol Settings
This free training face to face training aims to provide participants with the knowledge and confidence to increase the management of HCV in alcohol and other drug settings.
Date: Saturday, 28 May 2022
Time: 1:00PM –5:00PM (AEST)
Location: Sofitel Brisbane Central, 249 Turbot St, Brisbane City QLD, 4000
People who inject drugs represent approximately 90% of newly acquired hepatitis C (HCV) infections.
This course aims to provide addiction physicians, general practitioners, nurse practitioners, and other practitioners working in Drug and Alcohol settings with the skills and knowledge to diagnose HCV, manage comorbidities and treat HCV.
Speakers: Jeremy Hayllar – Clinical Director of Metro-North Hospital, Dr. Nada Andric, GP, Earlwood General Practice and Hayley Thompson –Hepatology CNC.
• Describe risk factors for HCV, enabling discussions with clients around prevention and harm reduction
• Screen, order and interpret tests appropriately to diagnose chronic HCV infection
• Describe the recommended pre-treatment assessment, including liver disease staging
• Determine the appropriate antiviral therapy for the treatment of HCV and explain treatment to the patient
• Implement monitoring and post-treatment follow-up recommendations
To Register click HERE.